domingo, 3 de outubro de 2010

Breakfast at Tiffany's



- You know those days when you get the mean reds?
- The mean reds, you mean like the blues?
- No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling? When I get it, the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!

- I said that I'm not that little girl anymore, but the true is that I'm the same girl I used to be. And in that days everything gets red. Weel, I think it's to early to go to Tiffany's, so, my better option is a drink. Promise me one thing: don't take me home until I'm drunk - very drunk indeed.

- You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-You-Are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a wild thing, and you're terrified somebody's going to stick you in a cage. Well, baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somaliland. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.


Às vezes eu sinto o vermelho tomar conta de mim, tão Holly Golightly. Talvez venha daí meu fascínio pela música, pelo filme, pela própria Holly e pela Audrey. Acho que ainda preciso encontrar uma Tiffany's por aqui.

Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker
You heart breaker
Wherever you're goin' I'm goin' your way

Two driftersf off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end
Waitin' 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend
Moon river and me..

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário